- 檢閱文法與拼法 – Grammar and Spelling Check
- 增進字彙之清晰度及精確性 – for clarity and accuracy of word choice
- 協助傳達您研究的創新度及重要性 – to communicate the innovation and importance of your research
- 滿足您目標期刊的需求和/或投稿須知的規定 – to the requirements and/or author’s guidelines of your intended journal
- 視您的需求編修您論文的參考文獻 – your paper’s references upon request
Review your work as a whole
Keep your outline plan in front of you, and go through your work as a whole. Have you developed a clear argument in response to your central question or thesis title?
Make sure the content matches the title appropriately – don’t be afraid to re-phrase your thesis topic if you’ve shifted focus while writing or you want to do so while reviewing.
Have you defined key words and concepts early on? That way you remove the risk of confusing the reader. Try to imagine a friend or member of your family who has no knowledge of the subject reading your thesis, and ask yourself whether you have done enough to explain each term and concept.
Review each section
Read over each section, and make up a title for it to help you check that all points and details are directly relevant.
Does the content all belong in this section? Highlight anything that might be better placed in another section or could be cut, such as parts that are peripheral to the discussion or have been repeated elsewhere.
Is there too much description and not enough analysis? You may need to be more explicit about the implications of a point. In other words, make it clearer to the reader why the point is included, and how it helps to address the problems or questions within your inquiry.
Review each paragraph
Ensure that the first sentence of each paragraph introduces the idea you want to communicate and shows how this paragraph relates to the discussion so far.
Opening phrases such as: “In addition to this problem,” “Furthermore,” “However,” and “In contrast to this view,” can help to clarify this relationship. Bear in mind that each paragraph should have just one key idea.
Subsequent sentences in the paragraph might include:
- An explanation or development of the point you’re making
- A quote or indirect reference from your reading that supports it
- An example of your own
- A hint at what still remains to be addressed
Source: How to edit your dissertation
English Academic Editing
Having Midgard edit your document prior to submission of your intended journal will dramatically increase the chances for publication.
- 英文期刊論文 Academic papers
- 英文文章 Documents
- 英文摘要 Abstracts
- 英文附信 Cover letters
- 英文回函 Response letters
- 英文書籍 Books
- 會議海報與簡報 Conference posters and presentations
- 畢業修改英文論文 Thesis
- 英文研究論文 Thesis Research
- 英文新聞稿 Press releases
- 文宣手冊，新聞稿，聯絡信等行銷素材 Marketing materials such as brochures, press releases, contact letters
- 商用校正英文 Business English
- 英文網站內容 Website content